COVID-19 - Our Commitment to Your Safety
Dear All Loyal Rotterdam Dental Arts Family;
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. All our staff members receive regular training on these infection control processes, including but not limited to hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, the use of hospital grade disinfectants and sterilization procedures monitored through sure check technology and third party company for its effectiveness.
Our ventilation system is designed to clean the air using multiple technologies and steps. These include central HEPA filtration system in HVAC unit, additional HEPA filtration units present in the ceiling of each room, and there are portable air purifiers throughout the office. The central HVAC system is also treated with UV light. Our swiss made IQAir dental hg FlexVac is effective against particles all the way down to 0.003 microns in diameter – the smallest particles that exist. Our waterlines are treated and tested regularly for safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· Please stay in your cars and check in either via text or a phone call. We will come to you. We will take your temperature and bring you in directly to the room and finish screening process.
· Please bring your face covering
· Due to the required screening process and the additional procedures that need to be done, our wait time might slightly be longer than normal, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office 518-355-6811 or You can also visit our facebook page at www.facebook.com/rotterdamdentalarts
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Sincerely,Dr. Yucedal and Lisa, Krista, Alex, and Maria