Schenectady Emergency Dentist - Dr. Selma Yucedal - Relieve Toothaches & Tooth Pain
Rotterdam Dental Arts offers same-day services to assist patients during a dental emergency. No matter your dental emergency, call Dr. Selma Yucedal immediately. Whether you’re a registered patient or a new patient, we’ll make arrangements to see you the same day.
Emergency Visit During Normal Business Hours
In the event of a dental emergency, we make every effort to attend to you within the same day during working hours.
Dental Emergencies After Business Hours
In the event of a dental emergency we make every effort to always have someone on call for registered patients. For patients of record, please contact the office at (518) 355-6811 and listen to the message on the answering machine for instructions on how to contact the dentist.
Emergency Dental Care in Schenectady, NY
Dental emergencies can occur when a tooth has been loosened or dislodged, avulsed or knocked out, fractured, or damaged in any way. Emergencies may include loose fillings, crowns, or other restorations as well. Additionally, severe dental pain may also warrant an emergency visit to our office.
When treating dental emergencies, our Schenectady dentist aims to preserve as much natural teeth as possible. Getting to our office within an hour of the time the dental emergency occurred will greatly increase the chances of restoring your smile to its original wellbeing.
While we offer same-day crowns and one-day service for addressing dental emergencies, there are certain steps you can take until you have the chance to visit our dentist in Schenectady. These include:
Knocked Out (Avulsed) Teeth:
- Recover the tooth and handle it only by its crown. Touching the root can cause damage that will prevent reattachment.
- Rinse the tooth under running water to remove debris. Do not use force to remove dirt, as this could damage the nerve endings.
- If possible, place the tooth directly back into its socket. If not possible, place the tooth in either saliva or milk to prevent it from drying out. Use water only as a last resort.
- Rinse tooth fragments from the affected area
- Apply gauze or towels to stop bleeding
- Use ice or a cold compress to reduce inflammation and swelling
- Cover the affected area with over-the-counter dental cement to prevent further damage.
A general rule of thumb for addressing dental emergencies is to reduce bleeding and try to keep teeth in their original position to preserve as many nerves as possible. Furthermore, use ibuprofen, not aspirin, to relieve pain.
How to be prepared for a dental emergency
To be ready for a dental emergency at all times, store Dr. Selma Yucedal’s phone number in a place that is handy, such as in a wallet, a purse, or as a contact in your personal phone. Have a handkerchief, gauze, and ibuprofen stored in a small container to be ready to store a tooth if necessary.
Don’t wait! For an emergency dentist in Schenectady, NY, call Rotterdam Dental Arts immediately. Dr. Selma Yucedal will make an appointment with you for the same day to address your emergency.
We participate with most insurances and offer affordable payment plans using CareCredit.